Synergy 3000 Statistical Process Control (SPC) System, from Zontec, is well suited to cloud computing. Cloud computing refers to technology that allows users to access data, software and services over the Internet and corporate networks.
Synergy 3000 is Zontec's most technically advanced member of its SPC software product lineup, designed to gather, organize, analyze and report on the huge data sets required for real-time quality management over the Internet from highly dispersed global locations. It serves as a comprehensive suite of quality collaboration tools that enable authorized users anywhere in the world to:
* input measurements or inspection counts
* monitor process status
* troubleshoot processes by reacting to adverse events
* track and trace production samples
* exchange quality assurance data with customers and supply chain partners
* and make sound product quality decisions within a secure computing environment
Data is organized in SQL databases by individual manufacturing facilities, product lines, suppliers or other ad hoc requirements for practical data management, optimal performance and strict security policy enforcement. To address security, performance, reliability, scalability and system availability issues, Zontec recommends hosting the Synergy 3000 cloud app in "private cloud" environments under the control of an organization's own data centre.